Virtual reality is here to stay. Other than Oculus Rift, more VR headsets such as PlayStation VR, HTC Vive and Samsung Gear VR has started to take the core of virtual reality.
What is your perception about the future of virtual reality? Many consumers have experienced virtual reality in entertainment and gaming field. But beyond gaming and entertainment, virtual reality has more exciting applications in reshaping the business world. Here are some examples:
- Real Estate and Construction – VR can be utilize in building a home, property or building. Using virtual reality, it allows the people to visualize the future project that has not yet been built.
- Virtual driving –Virtual driving is an advantage for current and aspiring drivers as they will be able to exercise their skills in a virtual environment. Examples of virtual reality driving can be seen here: www.pixelhunters.com
- Automotive – Ford Motors Company is one of the first that has shown VR could transform the market. Ford based in Michigan has started to use virtual reality not only to design vehicles but also to help get a sense of how the customers will experience their cars.
- Education – VR can be used in many areas of school curriculum – be it for English subject, Math, Science, Geography and more. With the aid of virtual reality, students will have a platform to create and manipulate objects in a virtual environment which can be a helpful tool for better learning.
- Healthcare – People in medical field has started to use VR such as examining a patient’s body before performing an operation. Virtual reality helps to create a highly realistic representation of human body.
- Travel – Be it an out of the country or hotel booking, people can use virtual reality. For instance is the Oculus Rift which offers 360-degree head tracking – this way will bring the travelers anywhere in the world that will give a realistic expectations.
Over the past few years, virtual reality have proven the undeniable potential in reshaping different industries. More than the examples given above, there are other enterprises that has started to invade VR. While business world and consumers embrace the technology advancement, virtual reality will also continue to arise in the mainstream.